Dell Server Solutions
All ProHosters solutions are powered exclusively by Dell PowerEdge
servers. Whether you are looking for a small starter VPS or the power
of the Platinum solution, you can depend on the performance and uptime
we have all come to appreciate from Dell.
Dell Power Edge 2850
The PowerEdge 2850 is a high-performance, highly available, easy-to-manage, rack-dense, dual-processor 2U server ideally suited for edge-of-network, infrastructure, high-performance computer clustering and thin client/server-based computing environments.
What makes Dell Servers the best solution for you?
- High performance delivered by up to dual 3.2GHz Intel® XeonTM processors with Hyper-Threading Technology and up to 12GB of 266MHz ECC DDR SDRAM memory
- ServerWorks GC LE chipset with 2:1 memory interleaving for faster memory access and a five-peer PCI bus architecture for uncompromising I/O throughput
- High availability delivered by hot plug redundant power supplies, hot-swappable hard drives, and integrated dual-channel RAID with 128MB of battery-backed cache
- Easy-to-manage system includes Dell OpenManageTM server administrator, Dell OpenManage IT assistant, and OpenManage Dell server assistant to help you get up and running quickly and remote management capability with the Embedded Remote Access Option (ERA/O)
- System design includes easy-to-service features like the toolless chassis, "cableless" design, system ID buttons, and front-access KVM
- The Active ID feature, which includes blue and amber illuminated indicators on the front and back of the chassis that provide basic system status information, not only makes the system easier to manage but also easier to service
- To make the PowerEdge 2850 well-suited for many environments, the design includes three hot-swappable hard drive bays (enabling RAID 5 configurations) and internal storage up to 438GB as well as up to 12GB of high-performance 266MHz ECC DDR SDRAM memory